April Real Food Bag – Crispy Chicken
April’s real food bag is a quirky crispy chicken recipe created by one of our butchers Tara. We think it is a must try recipe, the chicken legs are coated in crushed up Piper’s crisps. The Real Food Bags are on the shelves now, make sure you check the coloured stickers on the bags, blue will be Anglesey Sea Salt, red is Chorizo and yellow will be the cheddar & onion.
4 Chicken Legs
1 Bag of Piper’s Crisps
1 Garlic Clove
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 25 minutwa
Oven temp: 200
A quirky new recipe created by Tara, one of our brilliant Butchers which tasted fantastic and uses crisps and chicken!
Check the coloured stickers on the bags to see which crisp flavour you get.
Blue sticker = Anglesey Sea Salt
Red sticker = chorizo
Yellow sticker = Cheddar & Onion
1. Pre-heat the oven to 200. Crush up crisps with a rolling pin until very fine, like a bread crumb.
2. Slice the garlic and put uner the skin of the chicken
3. Drizzle with olive oil and lemon juice – roll the chicken in the crisps
4. Place on a lined tray and roast for 25 minutes. Check the chicken leg is cooked fully by using a knife and cut to the bone, to ensure there is no pink or red meat.
5. We suggest serving with new potatoes and salad.