Real Food Bags Available In Our Butchery
In January we launched our Real Food Bags. The concept is simple, take all the strain out of deciding what to have for dinner, but keep it real – proper good food with a fast and easy recipe. They’ve been proving very popular and we’ll keep posting each month’s recipe on the website for you.
For March our lovely Butcher Tara has come up with a recipe using some of our fantastic free-range pork from Suffolk. Pork belly is full of flavour and a thrifty cut of meat that’s a favourite with the Butchers here. The Real Food Bags contain everything you need to make the recipe at a fantastic price, find them next to the butchery counter in the shop.
PORK BELLY STRIPS WITH ROASTED APPLE AND POTATO
4 Pork Belly strips
Preparation time: 30 minutes
Cooking time: 50 minutes
Cooking method: Pre-heat oven to 200 degrees C
1. Peel the potatoes and cut into 2-3cm cubes. Parboil and once they have simmered for 5 minutes, drain and shake in the pot so they are fluffy.
2. Put a tray of olive oil into the oven to heat up. When hot, add the potatoes and season with salt and pepper and turn in the oil. Roast for 30 minutes.
3. Salt and pepper the belly strips. Heat the oil in a frying pan and add the belly strips, 2 at a time, to brown on the outside. Add them to the roasting tin with the potatoes
4. Meanwhile peel and core the apples and cut into thirds. Place them in the roasting tray with the potatoes and pork and cook for a further 10 minutes.
5. Garnish with fresh sage and serve with leafy greens such as kale or spinach.