Deli, Latest News
The Winning Chili Recipe From Jay Scrimshaw
Chef Jay Scrimshaw’s Chili was a clear winner at our Gog Magog Chili Off -everyone wanted seconds and the recipe! The Butchery team here at Gog Magog coarse ground chuck steak using our Riverside Beef from the Fens and then Jay worked his magic, cooking this amazing Chili on the Big Green Egg.
JAY’S CHILI RECIPE
- 1 kilo chuck steak coarse mince
- 2 large onions
- Garlic powder
- Chilli powder
- Onion powder
- Guerrilla chilli sauce (Jay makes a paste with soaked dried chipotles)
- 250 grams black eyed beans
- 50 -100 grams 85 % chocolate
- 2 tins of tomatoes
- Served with Sour Cream and Ritz biscuits
1. Soak beans over night and then cook
2. Chop onion sweat down with onion, garlic and chilli powder and add tomatoes and reduce by half
3. Fry the meat with salt and Chillies
4. Add the the beans and sauce, leave to simmer as long as possible
5. Before serving add the chocolate and serve with sour cream and crushed Ritz biscuits
Jay is cooking at our 2 EAT Cambridge events, the Supper Club on the 14th and 15th May and The Sunday Best Sharing Roast on the 24th May. There are still some tickets left but hurry they are selling out!
Jay Scrimshaw on Facebook: Scrimshaw’s Guerrilla Kitchen
and on Twitter: @GuerrillaKitch
Leave a reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.