Easter Showcase – Saturday 31 March 10am-4pm
To celebrate Easter and our Great Taste ‘Best farm shop’ award win, we’re bringing some of the biggest names in the artisanal food world to your doorstep – and giving all the children a free Easter Egg!
The team here at The Gog scour the local area to bring the very best products to the people of Cambridge, alongside our homemade specialities, and Saturday 31st March will see us welcoming some of the most renowned names in the specialist foodie world to the farm.
You’ll have the chance to meet with our suppliers and sample their tasty wares, all of which are stocked at The Gog. The confirmed line up is as follows, with new ones being added every day – it’s set to be our biggest and best showcase yet…
- Neal’s Yard Dairy (cheese) – With the aim of sourcing, maturing and selling the finest cheese available in the UK and Ireland from some 40 farmhouse cheesemakers, the essence of this London based company has changed very little since founding director Randolph Hodgson began his journey in the early 1980’s. https://www.nealsyarddairy.co.uk/
- Norfolk Gin – we’re delighted to be welcoming this artisan gin, handcrafted in Norwich, to their FIRST EVER tasting day… and we can’t wait to see the beautiful old Norfolk Gin branded car! http://www.norfolkgin.co.uk/
- The Grown UP Chocolate company – from a small factory in Harlow this company’s delicious mission is to recreate the most indulgent chocolate, reminiscent of the taste of our childhood but reimagined for grown-ups! https://thegrownupchocolatecompany.co.uk/
- Mons cheese – bringing a little piece of London to Cambridge, since 2005 the British arm of Mons cheeses have been importing traditionally made cheeses from France & Switzerland, ripened in the cellars at St Haon le Chatel. http://www.mons-cheese.co.uk/
- Pump street bakery (chocolate) – A small, family owned bakery in the village of Orford on the Suffolk coast, they make their very own Bean to Bar chocolate from directly imported, single origin cocoa beans. Yum! http://www.pumpstreetbakery.com/
- Ben and Ella’s Bread – An artisan bakery and deli, selling numerous tasty varieties of freshly made bread daily from their base in Bishop’s Stortford – they supply The Gog 5 days a week and their walnut bread is simply divine! https://www.facebook.com/benandellasltd/
- Hibiscus Lilly (chutneys and nuts) – With a passion for only using traditional methods and natural ingredients without the use of additives or artificial preservatives, the Hibiscus Lily range is truly authentic and lovingly home-made from their base in Hitchin, Hertfordshire. http://hibiscuslily.co.uk/
- The Gog butchers – our expert butchery team will be cooking up some slow and quick cook recipe ideas for you to try www.thegog.com
- The Gog award-winning faves – no event would be complete without our hand-made specialities – Monty’s Cheese scones, Scotch eggs and sausage rolls made with the secret Bradford sausagemeat recipe, hand-crafted on site from whole Dingley Dell sides of pork
Other attractions for children include:
- A free Easter egg for every child
- A kids’ colouring competition; upload your designs to our Facebook, Twitter or Insta to be in with a chance to win some fantastic prizes
- Meet William & James our resident Shetland Ponies
We’re currently taking orders for Easter, so pop in to speak to the butchery team or give us a call on 01223 248352 to place yours.
Not only that, but as a thank you for shopping at The Gog, we want to reward our customers by introducing our loyalty card. Simply spend £25 or more in the deli, butchery or grocery and receive one stamp each day you visit. When you have 6 stamps your card is worth £10 off your next shop
Pick yours up next time you’re visiting, and don’t forget we still have our Café loyalty card to get a free drink on us too!
We hope to see you on the farm for our most egg-stravagant Easter showcase yet!